3 cups chopped strawberries
2 Tbsp maple syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
1 13.5 oz. can coconut cream
1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin
Ice cream maker
1. Chill the ice cream maker bowl for at least 24 hours before beginning.
2. To get started, pour the coconut cream into a small bowl and whisk to blend, removing any large chunks. Set aside.
3. Combine the strawberries, maple syrup, and salt in a small saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
4. At the same time, sprinkle the coconut mixture with the gelatin and let it rest or ‘bloom’ while the strawberry mixture is cooking.
5. Once the 5 minutes is up, turn the heat off and add the coconut cream mixture to the strawberries.
6. Using an immersion blender, blend until completely smooth.
7. Pour mixture into a medium glass container with a lid and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Pour the cooled mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to finish making the ice cream.
9. Enjoy the ice cream right away for soft serve or pour into a loaf pan and place it in the freezer to enjoy later. (Be sure to remove the pan from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to make scooping easier.)
Inspired by Real Food with Jessica