3 eggs, separated, and at room temperature
½ cup organic coconut milk, full-fat or light
6 Tbsp coconut oil refined, melted, and cooled to almost room temperature
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, combine all the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until well combined.
3. Beat the egg whites on high speed with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form, then fold egg whites into the batter to combine.
4. Heat waffle iron and brush well with coconut oil.
5. Pour batter into the center of the iron, gently spreading a bit before closing. Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. This recipe will make about 4-6 servings but may vary depending on your iron.
6. Serve with optional toppings such as berries, whipped coconut cream, nut butter, and additional maple syrup!
Inspired by Paleo Running Momma