For the Salad:
1 head of cauliflower
3 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
6 cups finely chopped kale
½ medium red onion
½ cup toasted pine nuts
½ cup raisins
Salt and pepper
For the Lemon Tahini Vinaigrette:
¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. tahini
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Chop the cauliflower head into florets. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with 2 Tbsp. oil and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the cauliflower.
- Spread the cauliflower on a large baking sheet, cut side down if possible. Transfer to the oven and roast for 13 minutes, then flip over the cauliflower. Roast another 12-13 minutes. Remove once the cauliflower looks nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Place the kale inside a large salad bowl. Place 1 Tbsp. of oil and 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice on top of the kale. Gently "massage" or rub the kale leaves with the oil and lemon mixture. This helps to soften up the kale and makes it easier to eat. Now toss in the red onion, raisins, and pine nuts.
- Make the dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients in a jar or container with a lid: oil, lemon juice, tahini, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and sea salt. Shake vigorously until smooth and combined. It may require 1-2 Tbsp. of water to thin out.
- Add the cauliflower into the salad. Pour the dressing on top and toss until combined. Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Inspired by: https://www.wholesomelicious.com/roasted-cauliflower-salad/