2 cups minced cauliflower (to make, chop cut up pieces of raw cauliflower in a food processor until minced)
1 cup minced fresh onion
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
½ cup fresh parsley leaves
½ cup almond flour
1 medium egg
1 T. arrowroot flour
3 cloves garlic
4 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
4 T. olive oil for cooking
½ cup sesame oil
¼ cup tahini sauce
2 T. lemon juice
2 teaspoons maple syrup or date paste
½ teaspoon lemon zest
4-8 cups baby kale
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
¼ cup green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend all the Falafel ingredients, except the minced cauliflower and olive oil. Pulse until the herbs are finely chopped or minced.
- Add in the minced cauliflower and pulse until combined.
- Form the falafel dough into 16 1 ½ " round balls. Use a pastry brush and brush each falafel with olive oil.
- Add olive oil to medium-sized skillet and heat to medium-high. Place falafel balls into the preheated skillet and cook for 20 minutes on one side, then rotate the falafels and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While falafels are cooking, combine all the Tahini Dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the kale, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, green onions, and cilantro on plates, dividing evenly. Top with cooked falafel balls and drizzle with tahini dressing.
Makes 16 falafel balls; serves 4-6
Inspired by paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/perfect-whole30